Friday, June 26, 2015

Mommy has a fat butt

Yes, friends that's exactly what my precious 4 year old said to my husband last week. He didn't mean it in a vindictive way, he said it matter of fact, and you know what? He's right. It gave me some motivation to get back on that wagon and start over. I thought to myself, what helped me lose 170 pounds just years ago? Go low carb again. So that's exactly what I did and it has really helped me to be more mindful of my eating. It has also helped me to re-introduce myself with hunger. I hate the feeling of hunger and that is exactly what I've been feeling this week. Although, I do have to say that I have eaten every time I have felt that feeling, I've just made different choices with what went in my mouth. I've cut any sugar that isn't fruit and all the flour and bread products.

I am not one of those crazy no fruit, no corn people though...no  this has to be absolutely sustainable for me if I'm going to work. It also helped me to remember why I was so successful cutting carbs last time, I'm obviously carb sensitive and thats what makes me gain weight. What's more is that carbs are my drug of choice and once I start with the sugar and the bread, I can't stop myself and end up with a binge that lasts for years; just like what got me here today. I haven't stepped on the scale but I have had 3 people (yes, I count) tell me that I'm looking different. I'm also feeling different, more confident and have picked up getting physical again. This made me realize how very sluggish the carbs have been making me and with me stuffing my face with dunkin donuts, mcdonalds and every other sweet that my mother insists on making- it made me a zombie. I'm sleeping great, eating well and can almost keep up with the kids again. I plan on weighing in on monday, so keep me in your thoughts because we all know that the number on the scale can discourage me and ruin my streak here if it doesn't say what I think it should say. I need to keep myself honest and see if this is working, otherwise I wouldn't even bother going to weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment