Saturday, February 7, 2015

Weight Watchers has come a long way

Since this is probably close to my 15th time back at weight watchers, I have seen it through many different stages of development. From the sliding point hand held apparatus to the intuitive app that they have now. I am thankful that weight watchers finally came up with something like their current app with 24/7 chat- which believe me, I have used plenty of time in these past two weeks to their food finder where I can go to any major restaurant and readily find point values. I used to deprive myself of eating at restaurants while I was on weight watchers because I was afraid to miscalculate points and depriving myself of social gatherings at restaurants was not helping me stay on plan; and when I did go out to restaurants I became the master of rounding down on the point values. I went to the Cheesecake factory last night and found something delicious and filling on their skinnylicious menu. I questioned the item's 15 point value but thought I would trust the validity of the app and just rolled with it. Last week I went to red robin and although I wanted a burger, I didn't think ahead enough to save points for a burger- so I had the ensenada chicken platter; totally delish. I attended a luncheon this week as well at Tuscany (they have great food, btw) and I was doing my best to keep my phone on the table to calculate as I ate through the multi course family style meal. By the end of the meal, I was shocked that I didn't touch my white chocolate mousse cake with white chocolate shavings on it. I did have the mixed berries and some of the whipped cream  and you know what? I survived. Not without a little help from my friends though. My good friends Kathy and Bob who were also at the table are long time weight watchers and cheered me on with every good decision I made along the way. That is what makes the difference! The people who are with you in support, cheering you on along the way. Without them, I know that I would've been face deep in the vodka sauce pasta and white chocolate mousse.

I've been really good all week with tracking and staying within my points but I've already psyched myself into thinking how I won't have a successful weigh in on Monday. Why do we do this to ourselves? I know I'm not the only person who does this. I'm already preparing myself for the failure that hasn't occurred.


1 comment:

  1. Great week, Nicole. Thanks for sharing your journey. As good as the books you're reading!

    ReplyDelete